If you live in Vancouver BC or are just visiting, here are some great kid-friendly places worth checking out!
North & West Vancouver
- 1) Horseshoe bay, small kids’ park with nice view, cafe, interesting to see the BC Ferry come and go.
- 2) Whytecliff Park, nice place for picnic with beautiful view, but sometimes hard to find parking on weekends.
- 3) Sandy beach, only place we know that’s good for swimming if it’s a hot day. it’s a small bay so the water has time to warm up, wear water shoes because there is rocks in the water.
- 4) Lighthouse Park, beautiful forest trails with tall trees and very fresh air, and a historical Lighthouse.
- 5) Deep Cove, small park near water with a beautiful view, beach for swimming and boat rentals.
- 6) Lynn canyon suspension bridge. Historical suspension bridge with nice forest trails.
- 7) Shannon Falls, beautiful waterfall!
- 8) Bloedel conservatory, exotic tropical birds indoor.
South toward Richmond
- 9) Bird Conservatory area, where you can feed birds from your hand, I think it’s about $3 per person to enter, you can also buy bird seeds from them. Bring a camera!
Check the website before you go because it looks like it’s temporarily closed because of Covid
- 10) Steveston, nice small community near water, and children’s park, with fresh fish restaurants and cafes. There is also a mini museum (free) with an old Tramway next to the park.